Maybe you gave SmartThings a shot, but you got yourself a Smart Bridge and now you want to give our Keen App a go? Or perhaps the other way around?
No problem! Just follow these two sections to unpair and then re-pair your vents:
(If you no longer have your old hub, or you're unable to get it working with your vents, skip straight to the Re-Pair section below)
- With your old hub still connected, make sure your vents are online and still connected as well.
- Open the old hub's app and navigate to your device listing (Connected Devices in the Keen App).
- Manually delete one of the vents from the app. This ensures the vent knows it no longer has a home, and that it won't automatically try to find the same hub.
- If successful, the vent should begin double-blinking green, meaning it's in join-mode. Now it's ready to connect to your new hub.
- With your new hub connected, open its corresponding app and navigate to the add devices screen. In the Keen App, you'll want to tap into your room of choice.
- Ensure the vent is in join-mode where it's double-blinking green. If it's not/if it stopped, pop out the battery cartridge and reinsert it to bring the vent online. Then press the black button (pictured below) five times quickly. This should force the vent into join-mode once again.
- Tap Add Smart Devices > Find Keen Home Devices (or the equivalent action in the new hub's app) and wait for the bridge to find your device.
- Once it pops up, check the box/press the button and you're all set!
If you run into any trouble with this process, please reach out to our support team and we'll be happy to help out.