A power cycle on a vent can help to reconnect a vent if it has lost connection with your Ecovent system.
To power cycle a vent, follow these steps below:
- Remove the middle magnetic faceplate from the vent
- Remove the battery pack by lightly pressing on the middle tab towards the battery packThe battery pack may begin to lift out after doing soBe careful not to press the reset button next to the serial number sticker
- Fully remove the battery pack and remove the old batteries
- Reinsert the battery pack following the arrows on the side of pack
- Press the battery pack in until the middle tab clicks into placeAgain, be careful not to press the reset button next to the serial number stickerIf the vent was previously installed, you should see the LED flash once only and no calibration will occurIf the vent was previously reset (intentionally or accidentally), the vent will calibrate (open and close quickly) and result in a flashing LED.
- If you have accidentally reset your vent, you can follow these steps to reconnect (click here)
- Return the magnetic faceplate to the device.